ECG was engaged by a national architectural firm to provide best practices in cancer center design and operations at the request of an NCI designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, an academic medical center, and a Children’s Hospital.
Consulting services included:
• At the request of the three institutions, ECG was retained by the architect to address patient and staff flow, service locations within the cancer center and to assure that the needs of the patients, family and staff are addressed in the facility plan. Integration of inpatient services are also included in the ambulatory plan.
• The new cancer center was the first collaboration between the parties.
• Construction of a new ambulatory facility to house high-profile oncology services, including outpatient transplant services, medical oncology and radiation oncology.
• ECG provided models for an oncology affiliation network for a five state area.
• At the request of potential network affiliates, ECG provided oncology program assessments to identify local and affiliate opportunities.
• ECG also completed a project in response to private practice oncologists’ request for consideration of further organizational relationships between the parties.
• ECG provided detailed options for various venture relationships between the respective parties.
• The freestanding ambulatory cancer center opened and continues to expand
• The network includes over ten affiliate members