ECG has collaborated over the past 22 years with an NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in successful completion of their objectives.
ECG consulting services included:
• ECG was embedded in an external consulting team engagement. The external firm was retained to address clinical operations for all services at the Academic Medical Center and required ORC’s provision of in depth expertise in oncology operations.
• ECG was charged with providing best practices in cancer center operations. Provided organizational models supporting new cancer center development at a hospital acquired by the Health System. Models included private practice and faculty oncologist participation in the cancer center.
• Revenue cycle review including medical oncology and hematology chart audit.
• Provided joint venture organizational models and developed associated financial proformas for a proposed medical and radiation oncology collaboration between the NCI designated cancer center and a 255 bed medical center.
• Provided an operational assessment for a hospital-based hematology and medical oncology practice.
• Revenue cycle review and billing, documentation and payment audit provided for hospital-based hematology and medical oncology services provided at a community hospital owned by the Health System. ECG ’s recommendations for improvement of service delivery, billing and collections were implemented.
• Financial proforma development for the first off campus oncology services provided by faculty members associated with the NCI Designated Cancer Center.
• Programmatic and financial feasibility for a proposed joint ventured cancer center with a community hospital.
• Provision of models for Cancer Center faculty and private oncologist collaboration. Models included regulatory and payment impact on respective parties.
• Market and financial feasibility for a proposed joint ventured cancer center with a community hospital located in a rural county.
Successful completion of above objectives during the past two decades of collaboration.