A 277 bed community hospital requested an oncology program assessment to determine the feasibility of cancer center development, aligned with the oncologists practicing in the community.
ECG consulting services included:
• Cancer Center Facilities Planning.
• Deliver 21st century cancer care in a healing environment.
• Development of physician compensation.
• Community hospital with two campus locations acquires and employs five member medical oncology practice.
• Hospital and oncologists developed a comprehensive community cancer program with cancer site specific multidisciplinary consultation and treatment planning.
• Medical oncologists relocated to an interim office space on the hospital campus during cancer center construction.
• Outmigration for cancer services decreased based on service provision in the community.
• Radiation oncology faculty supported development of new radiation oncology department in the cancer center.
• Clinical research program developed via affiliation with an NCI designated cancer center and available to residents of the service area.
• Hospital opened a new radiation oncology service in the cancer center with academic medical center faculty providing radiation oncology professional service.
• Comprehensive community cancer program with multidisciplinary consultation and treatment opened in fall 2014.